6-8 Middle School
Explore and share tips, strategies, and resources for helping students develop in grades 6-8.
- Openers matter and set the tone for the lesson that follows. Here’s how to start strong when you need to.8.5k
- Some schools are changing the way they teach reading—based on research that shows background knowledge is more critical to comprehension than general skills like ‘finding the main idea.’51.2k
- Educators share their best synchronous and asynchronous strategies to boost student participation during online learning.49.8k
- The researcher Peter Liljedahl evangelizes for practices that prioritize and stimulate more hard thinking in classrooms.3.1k
- Excessive phone use can lead to depression and poor school performance, but building academic confidence can forge healthier habits.710
- These strategies can help students who are able to decode well but have difficulty understanding what they read—and they’re beneficial for all students.41.9k