3-5 Upper Elementary
Explore and share tips, strategies, and resources for helping students develop in elementary school grades 3-5.
- Some schools are changing the way they teach reading—based on research that shows background knowledge is more critical to comprehension than general skills like ‘finding the main idea.’51.2k
- Educators share their best synchronous and asynchronous strategies to boost student participation during online learning.49.8k
- With these examples for grades 1 to 5, students can develop social and emotional skills while they learn to analyze data through graphing.960
- Effective classroom design can help elementary students develop skills like organization and task initiation.9.8k
- These strategies can help students who are able to decode well but have difficulty understanding what they read—and they’re beneficial for all students.41.9k
- On March 18, 2020, Simone Kern tweeted that simply “recreating schools at home” passes up a golden opportunity to engage kids in authentic, self-directed learning.31.5k